As another rotary style, the small hover mower is different from the conventional bigger mower in functionality. The electric machine is manoeuvred more efficiently because it creates a cushion of air between the grass and the lawnmower - ideal for small lawns with uneven ground.
There are hover mowers powered by electricity and those powered by fuel, although the electric versions are common. When working, the blade of the mower rotates continuously, creating a 'downdraft' that causes an upward push of the mower.
: Speedi-Mo Flymo Electric 1500 Watts Mower
- Made To Be Simple And Straightforward To Use
- Cut Height With A Range Of Five Configurations
- Big 40L Grass Box And Extended 12 Meters Cable
- Excellent Mower For Any Size Home Garden Lawn
- Light With Transport Handle For Easy Transporting
- Carry Handle And Simple To Remove Grass Box
- Electric Wheel Style Lawn Mower with 1500 Watts
: WORX Battery Lawn Mower 5 Cutting Heights
- Cut To Borders Style Decreases Uncut Grass
- Maintains Constant Cutting Of Dense Grass
- 40 Volt Max Cordless 34 cm Lawn Mower
- Power Share 20V Battery Is Interchangeable
- Twin Battery x2 20 V Batteries Via IntelliCut
- Twin Port Battery Charger - 5 Cutting Heights
- Mower Charges 2 Batteries Simultaneously
Flymo Glide Electric Hover Lawn Mower
- Cuts Near To Walls, Fencing And Through Edges
- Substantial 30 Litres Grass Container Included
- Impressive Vacuum Elevates Aligns Uncut Grass
- Portable And Folds Small For Easy Safe-Keeping
- Simple To Modify The Cutting Elevation On Flymo
- Grass Is Loaded Into The Bigger Grass Box 30 L
This downdraft makes the mower float on a cushion of air, and the conclusive result of this is effortless manoeuvrability, thus making the hover mower the best for gardens of varying shapes. A small mower will also come handy in areas where the regular mower cannot reach like around the garden fire pit etc.
If you are looking to get extreme inclines completed or wet ground steep slopes and banks, the compact electric hover mower is the best option. Hover mowers are also above par for long coarse grass. The electrical version is perfect for a city garden considering its small size and, so it's easy to store.
Electric Lawn Mowers And Uneven Ground
Specific good mower models operate at a 45 degrees angle and as such are ideal for banked gardens and other forms of uneven ground. In some small electric lawn mower models, however, you may have to rake the lawn after mowing due to the absence of a built-in collector.
C.Mower Small Electric Hover Lawn Mower
- Perfect For Strange Shaped Or Zones With Slopes
- Electric Hover Is Utilised With Negligible Effort
- Comes Flat Packed Easy Self-Assembly Is Needed
- Mower Conveniently Folds-Up For Neat Storage
- Cutting Elevation: 10 To 20 mm Light CE Certified
- Functional Power Tool For Enthusiastic Gardeners
There could be instances where the cutting blade doesn't work, and the resulting absence of the downdraft to lift the mower off the grass surface may make the transfer of the mower from storage to lawn quite complicated. This problem is solved by attaching back wheels, but only in the larger versions that use fuel.
If you have a small garden, the small, agile hover mower is the best for you as they are time honoured models and easy to use, offer a good cut and can be stored easily.
On the other hand, the larger petrol mowers are made for semi-professional uses, especially gardens with uneven and steep surfaces, e.g. mini golf courses or landscapes that are close to ponds. The absence of wheels makes it possible for them to float over the waterline edges easily.
Rotary And Hover Machine Benefits
In the UK, hover mowers are quite popular and widely-used, although they have a couple of downsides. Having distinguished between the rotary lawnmower and the hover, let us discuss some crucial points to consider when in the market for a new machine.
Flymo TurboLite Electric Lawn Mower 1500W
- Light Enabling Easy Transportation And Storage
- Designed For Fast And Simple Mowing On Air
- 40 cm Cut To Be Used Small To Medium Lawns
- 12 Metres Mains Wire - Frustration Free Package
- Effective 1500 W Electric Motor - 40 cm Blade
- Ergonomic Style For Left Or Right Handed Usage
If your lawn is irregularly shaped, you are better off with a hover due to their ability to float on a cushion of air and seamless movement in all directions and sides. Thus, with a hover mower, you can perform a decent cut in no time.
Cutting an irregularly shaped lawn with a rotary lawnmower will require you to make a couple of short movements to work on the areas that are not smoothly assessable, and you end up spending more time on the grass cut.
Another factor to consider is weight because mowers can be easily controlled towards any direction. However, it may be too heavy to handle for some older people, especially when swinging around sideways. Thus, such older folk prefer a wheeled rotary lawnmower.
Wheeled Rotary Mower Ideal For You?
Although with a wheeled rotary mower, the user can only cut the grass in the forward and backward direction, it takes less time and is easier to use. You should also consider the ground layout in your lawn before getting either of a hover or a rotary lawnmower.
Vac 250 Electric Hover Mower For Sale
- Cutting Levels Starting From 1.2 To 3.3 cm
- Height Flexible Handle - Reuse Clippings
- Potent Hovering Lift - Safe Weight 5.2 Kg
- Blades To Mulch Grass In To Fine Debris
- Electric Powered Potent Hover Lawnmower
- Powerful 900 Watts Mulching Hover Mower
When there is a slope, the hover mower is the better choice because they can be easily pulled up or pushed down the hills, considering their light weight caused by the cushion of air they float on while running. Note, unlike rotary, hover mowers are always ready to use out of the box. In the case of a mower, you will need to do some extra tasks before it is available for use.
No one can conclude that rotary lawnmowers are better than hover mowers or vice-versa, it all depends on the type of garden to be cut and the personal preference of the user. The size and shape of your lawn should also be considered before buying a lawnmower.
Qualcast or Flymo Mower Thoughts
If you are looking to add stripes to your lawn, the rotary type is the right option for you. A wheeled rotary lawnmower has a rear roller as seen in the Qualcast or Flymo range.
It is suitable for adding stripes to your lawn. The rear roller flattens the grass as you cut by serving as an extra weight on the back of the lawnmower, this, in turn, adds stripes to your lawn.
Bosch Rotak Mower For Uneven Ground
- Soft Comfort Grasp With Right/Left Hand Use
- Cut Elevation Correction With Range Of Heights
- Hover Helps Cut Steep Banks As Well As Slopes
- Handle Folds Up For Storage - 2 Year Guarantee
- Stunning For Small To Moderate Sized Gardens
- Capacity To Easily Cut Through All Tougher Grass
The hovers, on the other hand, aren't built to have rollers because the additional weight will prevent them from hovering on the cushioned air generated and needed to cut the grass. Grass that is meant for strips must be slightly longer so when the mower is working, it bends and flattens the grass creating the stripes, the somewhat darker patches.
Collection boxes are not found in hover mowers because it contributes to extra weight. When the box packs the grass clippings, the mower finds it challenging for a decent cut because the cushion of air generated will reduce making the mower hover slightly closer to the field.
An electric hover mower creates fewer grass clippings, and since they are not much, most lawn owners do not bother raking them. This removes the stress that comes with emptying the grass box while creating an avenue for the soil to take in the nutrients from the grass clippings and make a healthful lawn.
HoverVac Flymo Collecting Electric Hover Mower
- Comes Completely Set-Up And Folds For Storage
- Ergonomically Created For Simple And Easy Use
- Lightweight Fast Transportation And Safe-Keeping
- Electric Hover Collect Garden Mower 1300 Watts
- Comes Completely Assembled Right Out The Box
- HoverVac The Perfect Associate For Back Gardens
- 29 cm Cutting Size For Modest To Medium Gardens
What's The Best Mower For Small Gardens?
You can have your smaller lawn cut fast with a hover lawnmower, although you might not get the best quality compared to what the other types of lawnmower offer. For instance, a hand lawnmower is also suitable for a smaller lawn and doesn't need fuel or the use of a cable.
The modern hand push lawn mowers are even simpler and more effective than the versions obtainable in the past. They are not only almost silent but also require very simple or no maintenance - you just need to service them.
A modern cordless mower for small gardens is good for a smaller lawn because it offers longer running times and can be recharged faster compared to the old versions that have no advanced technology. An electric lawnmower is lightweight and can be moved around quite quickly.
Spear & Jackson 1800W Cheap Hover Mower Collect
- Hover Cushioning Of Air To Instantly Manoeuvre
- 12m Power Wire Decreases Need For More Cable
- Hover Tech Helps You Cut Steep Banks And Slopes
- Soft Grip Ergonomic Control Is Relaxed To Hold
- Spear Jackson's Most Effective Hover Mower Ever
- Front Side Wheel For Moving To And From Garden
- Much More Powerful Than The Typical Lawnmower
If you have a large lawn to cut, electric is the ideal option but also requires less maintenance compared to a petrol lawnmower. However, you must consider how long you expect the lead to stretch when going for an electric lawn mower. You can be assured of a good quality cut with a powerful electric mower.
Choosing Electric Or A Petrol Mower?
A petrol lawn mower is suitable for a medium sized lawn, it offers extra power that can cut longer grass without problems. Contrary to your fears of high maintenance, a petrol lawnmower can now be easily maintained. The recent versions use petrol directly from the pump, thus eliminating the need for mixing.
The most significant benefit that comes with a petrol lawnmower is the absence of a power cable, thus making it suitable for use anywhere.
If your lawn is big and you are worried about how expensive it would be to maintain a petrol lawn mower, you may settle for an electric lawn mower - there are some good deals adding a leaf blower to the price bundle.
Flymo Electric Mower For Small Lawn Large Bin
- Glider 350 Electrical Hover 35 cm Cutting Width
- Pop Up Model Allows To Remove And Empty
- Window Makes It Simple To See When Box Is Full
- Large Collection Capability - Broad Cutting Width
- Developed Machine Gathers And Compacts Grass
- 4 Cutting Levels From 12 To 32 mm Carbon Blade
- 1500 Watts Motor With Large 26 Litres Container
Make sure you check the cutting width of the model you are buying, a bigger cutting width will get the job done faster and better. Consider the length of the built-in electric cable, you will need the most extended wire length so that it can conveniently reach every area of your lawn.
A ride-on lawn mower is made for large areas of grass or a vast lawn. With a ride-on lawnmower, you will be able to maintain a large garden seamlessly. You only get to sit and drive the mower while it handles all the dirty and hard work under your seat.
Powerful Electric Driven Small Hover Mowers Buyers Tips
Trimming height establishes the height your garden is cut to. In early phases, you need to utilise the greatest cutting elevation of the small hover mower and then little by little reduce it as the growing time of year advances. The size of the cable means check out the range from the power point to the 'farthest' grass verge.
In case the wire is not lengthy enough, reflect on employing an applicable outdoor expansion wire or purchasing a cordless or petrol-based lawnmower. Unwanted weight will figure out how unproblematic or troublesome the lawn mower is to push and move about - unless of course, the mower is self-powered.
Challenge Hover Lawn Mower With Collector
- 1100 Watts Electric Hover Motor With Blade
- Handle Offers Storage Inside Smallest Spaces
- Created For Safety High Speed Impact Proof
- Vacuuming Chute To The Back Of The Mower
- Safer Grass Cutting Option To Metal Blades
- Highly Manoeuvrable Perfect For Small Lawns
- Potent Hover Lift Produces A Lighter Mower
Frequently mowers which have the mulching choice likewise feature a side release solution, which is the place that the grass clippings are merely left to one part of the mower as you work. This could be ideal for large regions of lawn that do not have to be maintained or organised.
The self-powered lawn mower launches acquiring the strain off the mower motor, establishing less difficult work of trimming the lawn. Think of this for those who have lumbar concerns or a substantial garden to cut. Most propelled mowers feature a set velocity that is approximately comparable to a typical walk speed.
Upon a few petrol-based mowers, you will find the accessibility of a key-start, undoubtedly useful if you do not want to make use of the pull cable technique of setting up. It is imperative that frequently battery managed machines will have to be recharged. A few keys are revived during utilisation of the mower.
Most small hover mowers float above the grass on a blanket of air flow, which elevates it up from the grass. Just like a rotary lawnmower, it is lateral cutting that then shapes the grass to the sought after length.
Glider Collect Flymo Hover Mower Electric
- Grass Simple To Remove And Empty Collector
- Weighs 9.9 Kg Permitting Very Easy Transport
- Electric Hover Gather Lawnmower 33 cm Size
- Suitable For Use On Small To Moderate Gardens
- Four Levels Of Cut 12 - 32 mm - 26 Litres Box
- Produced In The UK - Comes Set-Up Out Of Box
- Ergonomically Made For Quick And Simple Use