As a garden heat lamp, cast iron chimineas are the contemporary equivalents of the old traditional models. The shape of large iron models look indistinguishable to the naturalised clay type, the qualities of metal confirm the combustion of alternative fuel types even in wet UK weather.
Clay is rather limited to burning wood, while iron can be applied with coal or lighting compressed briquets that can ignite at very high temperatures - see more of our garden ideas and solutions.
: Sierra Tall Chiminea In Cast Iron With BBQ Grill
- Possesses A Simple To Use Slide Cook Grill
- Superior Heavy Weight Cast Iron Chiminea
- Large Cast Iron Chiminea With A BBQ Grill
- Full Cast Iron Construct Attractive Handles
- Created And Built For Max Heat Preservation
- Incredibly Trendy Bronze Consequence Finish
- Classic Style With Front Air Vent Out, Rain Lid
: Haus Garten Large Garden Chiminea Oven With Lid
- Valuable Heat With Pleasurable Atmosphere
- Oven In Classic Style Is Made Of Cast Iron
- Use On Your Terrace Or Your Garden Region
- Simple To Fill With Fire Wood Or Coal Fuel
- Heat Immune Range With Black Paint Finish
- This Chiminea Is Incredibly Resistant To Heat
- Sizeable Garden Heater Chiminea With Oven
- Lovely Black Finish
- Includes Oven With Lid
: Granada Large Cast Iron Chiminea For Patio Heat
- Large Cast Iron Chiminea With Steel Funnel
- Benefits Robust Hinge Door And Cast Iron Lid
- Big Bronze Iron Chiminea For Patio Warmth
- Cast Iron Steel Dimension 112 cm H x D 42 cm
- Strong And Secure Ideal For Open-Air Heating
- Features Rain Cover Plus Tiger Box Matches
- Take Notice Of The Instructions And Upkeep
- Enables You To Burn Solid Fuel, Wood, Charcoal
- Stylish Outdoor Heating
- Iron, Steel And Bronze
Deuba Cast Iron Extra Large Chiminea Garden Heater
- Burn Charcoal, Wood Or Coal - Cast Iron Bowl
- Extra Large Metal Chiminea Sturdy And Robust
- Contemporary Creating Convenient Heating
- Fashionable Patio Heater Finished In Black
- For Most Medium And All Large Sized Patios
- Dimensions Height 112 cm - Weight 28.4 Kg
- Beautiful Chiminea Brings Rustic Good Looks
- Rustic Contemporary
- Warming Ambiance
A metal chiminea can proffer moments of patio heater enjoyment in the garden or in the backyard for several years; however, the question is if they are the ideal option as they are created in three fundamental categories of clay, cast iron and aluminium alloy.
All varieties of chiminea have their unique properties; hence, it is essential to select the ideal kind for your landscape or any anticipated use. Cast iron types are created from moulds which make them easy to be formed in various shapes and sizes.
Large Metal Chiminea Weight Issues
In the case where your choice is the cast iron model, strive to recognise one quality which is heaviness. If you wish to put your big metal chiminea permanently in a fixed spot, then the weight is not a problem.
On the other hand, in a situation where you wish to store your chiminea inside due to the winter, then weight can be a challenging issue.
La Hacienda Murcia Tall Chiminea To Cook Outdoors BBQ
- Flat Packed For Simple Build - Details Supplied
- Excellent Traditionally Created Tall Chiminea
- Easily-Removed BBQ Grill Finished In Dark Paint
- Large Steel Wood Burner Chiminea Deck Heater
- Ideal For Adding Style And Heat To Outdoor Area
- Enables You To Cook BBQ Style Food All Year Long
- Produced From Durable Steel And Coated In Black
- Stunning Patio Heater
- Chrome Plate Cook Grill
Most areas such as parks, public spaces and the campgrounds do settle for the cast iron type because they are stronger and difficult to move. Due to their 'sturdy construction' and weight, any unwanted movement can be easily prevented - and also it will be able to withstand rough or abrasive use etc.
When you choose to use a chiminea in a public setting, then the cast iron model is the best to use. An iron chiminea will need some maintenance, but because the iron structure has the potential to rust when regularly exposed to moisture, it is best advised to apply specific heat tolerant paint rather frequently.
Positioning The New Chiminea?
Perhaps you are still wondering the perfect spot to locate your new chiminea, before it's set-up, endeavour to consider the following specific point. While setting up your chiminea in any zone good for warmth, it can be dangerous when placed beside flammable materials.
Do not establish your chiminea on a wooden surface and remove any low-hanging branches from outdoors situations. Your new chiminea should bear three to four legs to uphold above the ground.
Despite the stands, the surface beneath the chiminea will still rust, hence, ensure you choose a dark cover created from cement or brick.
Fire Mountain Contemporary Chiminea With Grill
- Includes A Swing Out Cast Iron Grill To Cook Food
- 3 Curved Legs Provide You With Superb Stability
- Incorporates A Free Poker And Chiminea Protector
- Traditional Cast Iron Chiminea Perfect For Patios
- Supplies Convenient Control Of The Air Circulation
- Solid Cast Iron Radiates Heat Out For Everybody
- Free Poker Included
- Controlled Air Flow
Due to their heaviness, they are customarily carried in two pieces. Therefore, be prepared to get people who will assist you in moving and setting a large chiminea. Construct a long-lasting surface for the stands before the arrival of the chiminea.
Create A Strong Base Expanse
The use of a cement or brick surface is most advisable since its solid and can withstand fire. Build three or four inches of sand or stones in the bowl bottom after the chiminea has been established. The essence is to create a barrier and stop the fire from flaming directly on the bottom.
Some individuals prefer to add extra bricks to the top of the sand or gravel. Woods are usually stacked on top of the blocks to create space from underneath. Such space will permit increased airflow within the wood surround.
The use of layer coatings for a chiminea assists in curing. You can create various small fires and enable each one to burn out completely. After about five small fires have burnt out, light a more extensive fire while the outdoor chiminea is still warmed.
Thompson And Morgan Modern Large Metal Chiminea
- Ideal For Burning Extra Wood, Coal Or Charcoal
- Extremely Productive With Charcoal, Wood Logs
- Supplies Warmth And Atmosphere For All Events
- Create A Nice Hub Space For People To Assemble
- Modern-Day But Classic Comes With A Coal Poker
- Excellent Addition To Balconies And Decked Space
- Long Lasting Made From Steel And For Durable Use
- Durable Coated Steel
- 12 Months Full Guarantee
To prevent damage, ensure always to allow the fire to burn out rather than using water to douse the fire. The cast iron chiminea is most advisable since it is strong, create a high amount of heat, and have a long lifespan with regular maintenance.
Large Chimineas With Traditional Looks
The cast aluminium model is common among homeowners because they are less dense and need relatively less maintenance. For those who prefer the traditional appearance, the large clay chiminea is the ideal option.
The clay model showcases the everyday chiminea look, which has been in existence for several years back. However, do keep in mind that clay is delicate and may even crack with ease.
Over time, chimineas have rapidly become a leading generator of heat for outdoor occasions just like a wood burner stove - and for landscape visuals. They are reliable, good outdoor heaters and can spread their warmth across several metres.
The south Iberian built wood burners are well-recognised for their longevity and outstanding heat retention which enables every user to keep warm throughout the night and still reignite its materials in the subsequent days.
Oxford Extra Large Steel Chiminea With Grill
- Accomplished In Black Heat Proof Application
- Created With Sizes 134 cm High x 48 cm Wide
- Provides Chiminea, Grill Pan, Instrument Lid
- Simple Remove Grill And Create Wood Burning
- Gross Weight 11.4 Kg - Chiminea Unique Style
- Perfect For Entertaining And Spending Outdoors
- Is Sold With Pull Grill - Extra Large Chiminea
- Super Bronze Effect
- Front Sided Vent
Although the maintenance of a wood-burning stove can be a hard task in the first few days, chimineas are exceptionally easy to handle and immediately start burning, they do retain heat for more than half of a day depending.
Rust Proof Chimineas Will Last Years
With some simple guidelines, you will be able to set-up and use your chiminea with little difficulty for excellent outcomes in which warmth and comfort will grace any of your outdoor events.
It is best advised to site the rustproof chiminea on a permanent and flat surface - such as a patio on the outside terrace.
: Santa Lucia Large Outdoor Chiminea Black Cast Iron
- Cast Iron Chiminea Ideal For Entertaining All Year
- Large Iron Chiminea For Heat Garden Atmosphere
- Provides You With BBQ - Superb Supply Of Heat
- The Right Accessory For A Patio Or Garden Spot
- Comes With An Easily Removed Swing Out Grill
- Is Well Suited For Fun Throughout Every Season
- H 126cm/50in - W 52cm/20 in - Depth 45cm/18 in
- Air Vent And Handles
- Log Charcoal Grate
Since extra large chimineas are heavy, moving them around is not an option, and in any situation where you must, endeavour to 'proceed with care' as they can smash when dropped.
Some interferences can make it difficult to ignite. For those with the grate, ensure it is fixed inside so that you can ignite the fire. Immediately light your chiminea, ensure you have firewood around to sustain the burning.
Marko Outdoors Cast Iron Rust Proof Chiminea
- Finished In An Elaborate Looking Black Colour
- Set-Up Is Easy And Instructions Made Available
- Completed In An Lavish Appearing Black Finish
- Grab The Grill Pan And Eliminate While It's Hot
- Cast Iron Pressed Metallic Is Rather Beautiful
- Chimineas Are Created To Burn All Types Of Fuel
Stay away from the use of chemical lighters because they release foul-smelling substances and also, do not place any flammable gas or oil in the fire to avoid an inferno, which may not only destroy your chiminea, but can also endanger every other person.
The Initial Burning Examination
Never smother the fire with wood, but keep adding to the fuel. You will notice a few clouds of smoke at the beginning, but it will soon dissipate. Do try to ignite a more significant fire with the use of wood by adding small logs at first, then build up to a larger piece after the initial one hour or so of burning.
Always keep the chiminea positioned, so the smoke escapes correctly. Do not light any chiminea indoors, in an enclosed area or beneath any shelter. Based on the kind of fuel applied and the quantity placed inside the chiminea bowl, igniting the chiminea may result in flame spit beyond the vent.
It is strongly suggested to prevent putting a chiminea beside anything that can burn or melt easily, for instance, garden furniture - which is conventionally created using plastic, wood or resin as in the case of rattan styles.
Azuma Elda Modern Cast Iron Chiminea For Garden
- Spectacular Focus For The Garden Or Terrace
- Bowl And Legs Crafted From Cast Flat Iron
- Versatile Garden Fire Includes Charcoal Grate
- Silver Powder Coated Style Finish Chiminea
- Regular Design Chiminea Heat Unit Is Stylish
- Patio Heater Uses Charcoal Or Perhaps Wood
- Family And Close Friends In Any Living Area
- Silver Coated Finish
- Wrought Iron Chiminea
In case you wish to have the chiminea on a platform other than concrete ground, then it is advisable to place a paving slab beneath the chosen platform and surroundings to prevent damage to the surface.
Do not put a chiminea directly on grass; otherwise, it will burn. Another reason to lay paving slabs beneath and around the chiminea.
Garden Fire Chimney Heat Discharge
The amount of heat to be released is dependent on the size of a chiminea. Hence, it is advisable to place your chiminea garden fire chimney far from your location if it is large so as not to be overwhelmed by excessive heat.
As long as you have put your chiminea in the favoured position, but never to move it while burning as the handles can be extremely hot - and it is dangerous with the fuel inside.
Lisbon X-Large Chiminea Garden Fire Chimney
- Charcoal Grate Rainfall Cover - Height 125 cm
- Patio Back Garden Area - Great Supply Heat
- Superior Cast Iron Style Patio Heating Unit
- Exquisite For Entertaining Throughout The Year
- Cast Iron And Steel Alloy - Beautiful Chiminea
- Attractive Looking Chiminea - An Ideal Option
- Constructed Cast Iron - Flue A Mixture Of Both
Adherence to the listed recommendations will save your chiminea from a crack or break. Unless they are dropped, cast iron or steel will not break. However, clay models can break due to heat change. Hence, do not quench the fire with water because it can cause cracking within the interior.
Some big tall chimineas can be used for cooking, in fact, some are made with a grill and heating. Several have detachable flues and new grill surfaces to cook too. Also, a hand-held rack can be bought with any chiminea with which you can warm food or insert into the chiminea bowl.
All these qualities depend on the size of the chiminea, the kind of fuel and the material with which the chiminea is created. The bigger the size, the more the quantity of fuel you can use; and consequently, a high amount of heat will be generated - which makes it easy to use in any area.
HD Outdoors Chiminea With Grill And Funnel
- Classic Style Also Adds A Lovely Rustic Touch
- Outdoor Chiminea Garden Patio Heating Unit
- Simple To Set -Up With Specified Instructions
- Fireplace Can Burn Just About Any Type Fuel
- Superb Stability Done Heat Proof Application
- Perfect For Volatile And Unforgiving Climate
- Durable Longevity With Portable Measurement
- Beautifully Crafted
- Black, Antique Gold
Pros And Cons Of A Large Cast Iron Chiminea - Do's And Don'ts
The ideal method of extinguishing the chiminea fire is to allow it to burn out. Although the fire is secured, it is prudent to be watchful, mainly when fully lit. As for the chiminea with an air vent, you can close the vent to reduce the fire intensity and allow it to burn out naturally.
Do not kill the fire with water as it can cause shock to your chiminea and result in damage. Make sure you spread any left-over fuel around the bowl to alleviate the heat. It will also assist the fire to burn out quickly, but the chiminea 'may release smoke' for some time after the fire is extinguished.
Gardeco Large Tall Chiminea Used As BBQ Grill
- Black Finish - Light With Gross Weight 25 Kg
- Incorporates Swivel Style Grill And Stand Spot
- Two Layers Of Heat Resistant Decorative Paint
- The Steel And Cast Iron May Be Fully Repainted
- BBQ Grill Offers Chrome Finish - Easy And Safe
- Modern Style With Very Prominent Features
- Eye-Catching Chiminea
- Swivel Style Grill
It is inadvisable to clean the chiminea promptly after use because it will be scorching and can injure the person. In a case where you don't have time to attend to the chiminea, it is safe as long as you follow the set-up guidelines correctly.
While using where there is children or pets, it is strongly advised to use chiminea guard with complete supervision. The chiminea guard is built to stay cool and perform as a safety measure when children or dogs are around.
Do not leave your chiminea neglected while burning, after burning and during cooling. Take note that after the fire has died, the outer sides will stay hot for many hours.